Monday, March 9, 2009

Vegetable Noodles and carrot salad with yogurt

I just want to give a brief about how the combination of noodles and carrot salad came about. Sometime back, while I was browsing the net, I came across this blog called almostturkish. It has lot of authentic turkish recipes. I was particularly impressed with the turkish vegetarian recipes. One among them was this carrot salad with yogurt. It was similar to Indian carrot , though the original recipe called for dill. Though I did not have it, I still went ahead and prepared as usage of mayonisse in the original recipe was very tempting. It was awesome and I think the thick curd and mayonisse gave it the rich creamy texture. Also I prepared noodles on that day. Somebody at home tried eating noodles with the salad and just loved the combination. Everybody followed, and now I always prepare this salad along with vegetable noodles. I think this is one of the best

Vegetable Noodles

Ingredients to serve 5 adults

Hakka Noodles: 1 packet (500 gms) Green capsicum(green bell pepper): 1 (cut into long thin slices)Cabbage: 3 tbsp(measure after cutting into long thin slices)Carrot: 2 (cut into long thin slices) Spring onion: 3 tbsp(Measure after cutting into small pieces)Green chily: 2 (long, slit vertically) Refined Oil: 3 tbsp Soya sauce: 1 tbsp(add a bit more if needed)Vinegar: 1 tbsp Salt to taste Procedure
1. Boil noodles as per package instruction and keep aside. 2. In a pan, add oil. Once it is hot add chillies and the other vegetables except spring onion. 3. Stir the vegetables for some time, simmer slightly and close the pan with a lid. Check every now and then if the vegetables are almost cooked. (around 10 minutes) 4. Add the spring onions, soya sauce, vinegar and salt and mix well. 5. Remove from the stove. 6. Mix the boiled noodles with the vegetables in a wide mouthed pan.

Vegetable noodles is ready.

Carrot salad with yogurt/carrot raita

Ingredients

Yogurt/Curd: 100 gms(I used Britannia brand. I don't use homemade curd when I make this salad as it is not as creamy as shop bought curd) Carrot: 1 (big, grated) Eggless Mayonaisse: 2 tbsp Salt to taste Procedure
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl just before serving.

Delicious carrot salad with yogurt and mayonnaise is ready and it tastes great with the vegetable noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader,
Thank You for your valuable suggestion/feedback.
I will get back to you for any queries on the recipe.
Thank You.