Sunday, May 17, 2009

Carrot Poli-A sweet dish

I came across the recipe for carrot poli when I was browsing the net for carrot recipes that I have not tried before. Yes, I was trying to find a nice carrot recipe to participate in Sanghi's FIL-Carrot event. I liked the recipe for carrot poli, firstly because it was a sweet dish and secondly I have never made this before.

The polis came out well. I did it in a very small quantity as I was trying this recipe for the first time.

I would like to dedicate this recipe to the event hostess Sanghi as I wouldn't have searched for a carrot recipe in the net and come across this delicious recipe for carrot polis, had it not been for her event. I guess the whole credit for this carrot recipe as well as the dedication goes to Sanghi. The website where I found the original recipe has a very good collection of vegetarian recipes.

Here is the recipe

Ingredients to make around 6 polis

Carrot: 70 gms(grated) Sugar: 75 gms Water: 100 ml Maida/all purpose flour: 100 gms Ghee: 2 tsp Saffron: 2 to 3 Cardamom powder: powder of one cardomom Salt a pinch
Procedure for the stuffing

1. Cook the carrot with water, till all the water dries up. 2. When cool, grind into a puree in a blender, without adding any water. 3. Add sugar and cook in a pan, till the mixture becomes dry. 4. Add one tsp of ghee, saffron and cardamom. 5. Cook till the mixture becomes thick. 6. Remove and keep aside to cool and harden. For the dough
1. Mix maida, one tsp of ghee and salt into a firm dough. To make the carrot poli
1. Take a small ball of dough and with a greased palm, spread it thinly on a greased plastic sheet. (I used milk cover) 2. Place 1/2 teaspoon of carrot filling in the centre. 3. Cover with the dough and pat again into a round circle. 4. Shallow fry till golden on both sides with a little ghee. Offer hot.

This is my entry to Sanghi's FIL-Carrot event

1 comment:

Dear Reader,
Thank You for your valuable suggestion/feedback.
I will get back to you for any queries on the recipe.
Thank You.