Thursday, August 27, 2009

"No fuss American" Dinner Menu

I bought "Seven Dinner Menus" mini series book by Tarla Dalal sometime back. The book has dinner menus from Delhi, Mexico, Middle East, Italy, China, Thailand and America. I liked Middle East the most which had very nice recipes for hummus with sesame lavash, labneh, sesame tabouleh, falafel and baklava. l was reluctant to make pita after one failed attempt. I finally decided to make the "No fuss American" dinner menu. It included Two in a Bowl Soup, Crunchy Salad, Pasta and Vegetable Casserole, Celery garlic toasts and cream and brownie in a glass. I really don't know if all these dishes come under american food, it looked more like Italian to me. To be loyal to the book, I am naming the menu “No fuss American”. I made these dishes a month back.

I was forced to make the “2 in a bowl” soup to just “1 in bowl” soup as I did not get broccoli here. I omitted the crunchy salad completely as we are not used to eating raw spinach, lettuce etc. So I replaced it with our all time favorite yogurt based carrot-mayonnaise salad. The celery garlic toast had just the garlic as celery was not available. “Cream and Brownie in a glass” did not have the peach layer as this fruit is unheard of here. In spite of making these changes, all the dishes tasted really good. I should accept that it was very hight in fat content with lots of cheese, milk et al.

This post would become pretty long if I provide all the recipes here. So I thought of sharing each recipe in a post. I have provided the link to each recipe in this post..This is also my entry to Raji of Raks Kitchen's Cooking For Guests event.

"No Fuss American" Dinner Menu

Two in a bowl soup Yogurt based Carrot-mayonnaise salad Pasta and Vegetable casserole Garlic toasts Cream and brownie in a glass

3 comments:

  1. So are we all invited for dinner..??? Everything looks so yummy & tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,thats really a nice menu :) Thanks for the lovely entry priya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ηello, i thіnk that i notіced yοu ѵіsited my
    website so i got hеге tо go baсk the desire?

    .I'm attempting to in finding things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    my website empower network

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader,
Thank You for your valuable suggestion/feedback.
I will get back to you for any queries on the recipe.
Thank You.